WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
The Role: WorldQuant is seeking exceptional individuals to join the firm as Quantitative Research Intern and work together with our researchers. The person must have a strong understanding of the investment research process to create computer-d models that seek to predict movements of global financial markets. While prior finance experience is not required, a successful candidate must possess a strong interest in learning about finance and global markets. Candidates will have a research scientist mind-set; be a self-starter, a creative and persevering deep thinker who is motivated by unsolved challenges.
Interns who perform exceptionally well may be considered for a full time Quantitative Research role thereafter.
What You’ll Bring:
· Pursuing a Ph.D. M.S. degree from a leading university in a quantitative highly analytical field (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering)
· Graduating in late 2021 2022
· Demonstrated ability to program in C/C++ python on a Unix/Linux platform
· Excellent problem-solving abilities and judgment with a strong attention to detail
· Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team culture
· Research scientist mentality; a self-motivator, a creative and persevering deep problem solver
· Proficient English-language skills
Position is d in one of our research offices located in Beijing Shanghai.
Interested and qualified candidates can email their CV in ENGLISH and CHINESE to ONE of the below email addresses:
(If you are currently residing in Shanghai) WQSHQuantJobs@
(If you are currently residing in Beijing other cities) WQBJQuantJobs@